Volunteer Guild Scholarship 2024 Application
Individuals may complete the Sarah Bush Lincoln Guild Scholarship application form to be considered for three scholarships.
- Guild Scholarship
- Dr. C. D. Swickard Scholarship
- Vasudeo Shripad Joag Scholarship
Be sure to follow all directions carefully and supply all the requested information. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications including all attachments must be received no later than April 15, 2024.
Please read carefully the information below:
I. Eligibility for Scholarship:
- Any person accepted into or currently enrolled in a clinical healthcare professional curriculum is eligible to apply. Preference will be given to students who have been accepted in a healthcare profession sequence; that is, when courses are open only to student candidates for the degree or certification.
- Applicants enrolled in an associate degree or hospital-based program will be considered their first year.
- Applicants must be a permanent resident of the SBL 10-county service area. The 10-county service area includes: Coles, Clark, Cumberland, Douglas, Edgar, Effingham, Fayette, Jasper, Moultrie and Shelby counties.
- The school to be attended need not be an Illinois institution; however, it must be accredited or recognized as an approved program by the appropriate agencies.
- In order to be competitive, a 3.5 GPA out of 4 points or a 4.5 GPA out of 5 points is desirable.
II. Facts Pertaining to Scholarship:
- SBL Guild scholarships are given on an academic year (four quarters or two semesters) and are based on a student's scholastic achievement, financial need and the availability of funds.
- If a recipient drops out of school while the award is in effect, funds must be returned commensurate with the school year remaining. For example, for one-half of the academic year, one-half of the award must be repaid.
- Selection of recipients is made in April. All applicants will be notified of the committee's selections.
III. Applicant's Responsibilities:
Submit completed application along with all required attachments listed below by April 15, 2024. Be sure to gather all information prior to starting the application. The application must be completed at one time. Paper copies of the application will not be accepted.
- At least two current letters of reference selected from teacher, counselor, employer, supervisor or clergy.
- Profile of yourself, stressing factors relevant to your occupational choice and goals. Include qualification you feel you have to pursue your education in your chosen profession. Limit to one typewritten page.
- Most recent OFFICIAL transcript. If your college uses a transcript service, it can be mailed to:
SBL Guild Scholarship Committee
1000 Health Center Drive
Mattoon, IL 61938
Questions may be directed to the Sarah Bush Lincoln Volunteer Services/Guild office
at 217-258-2500 or by e-mailing [email protected].
We respect and safeguard your privacy. This form is secure.